Transportation and assisted transportation are two of the most sought after services provided by Hancock County Senior Services. The safety of our passengers is the primary concern of our agency. Our drivers are trained and certified through the WV Division of Public Transit. All drivers possess a WV Class D Driver’s License endorsement.
Our transport van arrives at your door to take you to your medical appointment, to shop, to the bank or any other trip anywhere in Hancock County, WV; East Liverpool, Steubenville, and Wintersville, Ohio and Paris, Pa. Should you be a diabetic, use oxygen, or have other special needs you may be required to wait at the physician’s office an extended period of time and need to plan accordingly. Following your appointment we’ll pick you up at your drop off site and take you home.
- HCSS offers…
- Transportation for medical appointments
- Transportation trips to the grocery store, banks, post office, hair appointments (trips offered “as space is available”)
- Transportation to governmental agencies ie: Social Security Office, WV Medicaid Office, etc.
- Accommodation for a family member to escort you.
- Wheelchair lifts and ramps for clients who use a walker, quad-cane, wheelchair or other mobility device.
- Occasional group outings and day trips to local malls and shopping areas.
- You should also know…
- We provide transportation to and from the Senior Center for special events and/or appointments.
- We are approved providers through West Virginia Medicaid’s Non-Emergency Medical Transportation program.
- You should keep these things in mind when calling…
- You can call up to one month ahead to schedule your medical appointments.
- Schedule your transportation at least 2 weeks prior to your appointment. We do not honor same-day/next day appointments. Further, we do not provide emergency transportation; call an ambulance by dialing 9-1-1.
- Repeatedly being late or failing to be ready for your appointment is not tolerated. Along with verbal abuse and profanity. We must keep everyone’s comfort in mind. Most times we are on a tight schedule
When arranging your transportation call:
Hancock County Senior Services at 304-564-3801 or 304-387-3251
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES NOTICE
Your Hancock County Senior Service does not discriminate against an individual with a disability in connection with the operation of its programs and services including the provision of transportation services in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA). To find out more about our ADA Policies, to file a complaint, to request a reasonable modification, or to request this information in another language, please contact us at 647 Gas Valley Road, New Cumberland, WV 26047 or by calling Jerry Fields at 304-564-3801 to request more information.